Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

June 15, 2006

Hanging at the Costco

Pssst...a little secret: some of the best looking ladies shop at Costco. Somewhere I read about a study that showed a statistical correlation between being attractive and being wealthy. Then I also read that the average income for the Costso shopper is something like $74K. Not bad. Completing the syllogism it stands to reason, then, that pretty people shop at Costco and the empirical data bears it out.

___________________________________________


It seems this "springtime ennui" I wrote about a while back is sticking around for the summer. I've got no illusions about marriage, but it's tough being single. We have a subtle, but powerful force working against us: nature. It's the same force that explains why dogs that haven't been "fixed" tend to run away more often. Mind you, having had the chihuaha fixed hasn't slowed her down any, but at least in theory.... Maybe I'll try running away too. Or just howling at the moon.

Even the U.S. Mint is conspiring against me! Na, I don't play that victim card, but I have to admit, the picture does elicits some associations in my mind that don't help. That aside, I do think Nevada's is the best of the state quarters.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger jj mollo said…

    I suggest you resist the temptation to have yourself "fixed". You might regret it later.

    Spring is good. Think about the beauty of the world. When you settle down, you'll look back wistfully. You really don't have to have everything solved right now.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger mal said…

    I am with JJ, getting "fixed" doesn't fix anything *G*

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Grant said…

    So, where do the wealthy Japanese women shop?

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger anchovy said…

    jj: Spring is awesome and brings with it time and opportunities to do things I won't be able to do in another season. But it's not all peaches and cream eather. Peaches, after all, are a summer fruit!

    Mal and jj: I can just picture my friend telling me to stop whining and buck up or he'll "fix" me with a swift kick to the...well, there's more than one way to fix a cat, isn't there.

    grant: Wealthy Japanese women don't shop; they "purchase" and "acquire," sometimes with the credit card of their dorky, balding, tall and rich white boyfriends. What's up with that trend?!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home