Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

May 19, 2006

Contrast and rant

This dude is selling my dream piano--a Yamaha C7 7' 6" concert grand, less than 2 years old--for only $25k. And as luck would have it, I just don't have that kind of cash just at this very moment. The smaller C6 used to be my dream piano, until I got a gander at this deal of the century. (Oooh, just saw another C7 for $14k.)
____________________

On the other hand, I am now the proud owner of a three-piece suit. I have a few two-piece suits, but I've always wanted a three-piece suit (and a top hat and monocle, you know!). It cost me seven and a half bucks at the local thrift store. It's brand new and fits me perfectly, a small miracle.

____________________

In fact, I'll take this opportunity to rant against business clothes made for, well, business men--fat American ones. See, I've got this huge 16 1/2 - 17 inch neck, but only a 32 in arm span. By the time I find a shirt with a collar that closes I can literally fit two of me into the rest of the shirt. Even "athletic fit" shirts are still a bit large below and they're hard to find. Not that I'm built like an Adonis, but let's face it, my genes come from south of the border and the typical American body type is just HUGE by comparison. And don't get me started on pants with crotches that hang down to the knee and legs wide enough for two. Just cause you're short doesn't mean you're fat--unless you're an American businessman, apparently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home