Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

March 15, 2006

Brokeback for dummies

My laptop's busted. It's sitting on a table in the patio in a million pieces. I think I'll finish fixing it tomorrow.

I stayed in the sauna too long today and I got out feeling woozy and tingly. Then I ate a $1.50 hotdog from Costco. And for dinner a sandwich with some questionable ham. I don't feel so good. I can't sleep.

My eyeball hurts. Don't know why.

"Weight Training for Dummies" is not what I expected.

With respect to a friend, I misread "between the lines" and I'm very glad I was wrong.

The guys came over for an impromptu barbeque last night. Tacos and beer and good company. Excellent.

A running joke last night involved humming the theme from Brokeback Mountain. Now I can't get it out of my head. I sat down at the piano tonight and came up with a nifty chord progession...and then I realized it was the one from Brokeback. "I wish I could quit you!"

*sigh*

3 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger mal said…

    Dads an old cowboy...the sibs and I are always getting him Louis L'amour tapes and DVD's of Gunsmoke, Lonesome Dove etc....

    NO WAY are we getting him "Broke Back" when it comes out on DVD...I think it would kill him

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    See, that's what you get for eating poorly and humming Brokeback theme on the Ides of March, it haunts you...

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger anchovy said…

    Mal,
    I am the proud owner of the Clint Eastwood box set of spaghetti westerns. I kinda grew up with those so I love them. Besides, Clint Eastwood is good and getting better and better with each new project.

    I haven't actually seen Brokeback. Got mixed feelings about it. I've really loved the few McMurtry novels I've read (he wrote the script) and I like Ang Lee, but gay cowboys doesn't cut it for me either. We'll see.

    And Lonesome Dove was awesome, by the way. Very quintessentially American character types which is one of the reasons I like a lot of American literature.

    Fawn,
    I totally forgot it was the infamous ides of March! (Ever see The Three Amigos? Every time I use the word "infamous" I think of that movie.) This, despite the fact I jokingly counseled someone the other day "Just to stick it to March, I suggest you carelessly go traipsing about on the fifteenth without the slightest regard for silly ol' omens about the ides and whatnot."

    Oh, and for my sake, don't worry too much about responding to emails. I remember how much I dreaded holidays when I was an undergrad because that's when the proffs purposefully piled on inhuman amounts of work. My experience was opposite: grad school (law) was much much easier.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home