Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

February 07, 2006

Columbian sojourn

When I was a kid I once took a nap only to wake up around dusk to an empty house. My parents had abandoned me and I was deathly scared! I ran all over the house tying to find them until they finally walked in the front door to find me lying on the bed with my knees to my chest and sobbing. I think that little episode has something to do with why I just don't do daytime naps.

A few days ago my dad and his wife abandoned me for three weeks. They've gone to Columbia to visit the wife's family.

Interestingly, I'm not finding myself sobbing very much these days. No, I've regressed only to pick up another of my toddler habits: running amok naked! I get up and make me a sandwich at 3am--naked. I play my sax in the living room whenever I want--naked. I sit at my piano--naked. Adam with his little fig leaf had nothing on me!

I'm sure when our recent spat of warm days come to an end the novelty will wear off and the trousers will come back on...but I'll still be naked under there!

All right. That's enough sensationalism for a day. Actually, maybe too much.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd like to give you an AMEN! on the nakedness part of your blog. As a fellow "Naked-teer," i find myself clothless while doing mundane things at home as well. As follows, a list for your enjoyment: vacuming, making mushroom omelettes, feeding the cat, scrubbing the toilet and baking cookies. Really, the last one I mainly do for my old neighbor across the way. It's charity, I say! Well, toodos!

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh may these warm days you speaketh of come quick and these trousers you speaketh of come even quicker!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger mal said…

    around here that would be lead to a terminal case of Goose Bumps

     

Post a Comment

<< Home