Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

January 29, 2006

Sleep is a rare commodity

Tonight is going to be a sleeping pills night, by which I mean that my sleep schedule has run so completely amok on account of insomnia that I need to whack it back into shape with chemicals. So why do I regale you with the minutiae of my life? In case I don't wake up.

Now please, this isn't some suicide notice. No, it's just that I hate taking most chemicals. I don't like the weird way they make me feel. In fact, just the nervous contemplation of the drug's effect is sometimes enough to totally counteract the somnolent* effect of sleeping pills. Maybe I'll pour myself just a very small finger of whisky to take the edge off before popping the pills. No? Bad idea? So I'm told.

So no, I don't really think I won't wake up, but I do worry about the drug's effects.

(catch the irony in the post's title?)

*Interestingly, the proper medical term is "hypnotic." Hypnotics are the class of drugs that tend to induce sleep. Oh, you didn't think it was as interesting as I did? Sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home