Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

August 22, 2006

Twelve year reunion


The ol’ high school reunion was a couple years ago, but I was in Boston at the time and couldn’t get out here for it. Most of the people I would have cared to see wouldn’t attend, but then I didn’t imagine I’d ever want to go either.

So a couple weeks ago we made up for lost opportunities. I put together a barbeque replete with a fire ring in the back yard. I think about thirty people showed up, many of whom hadn’t seen each other in a dozen years--basically all the people who wouldn’t have been caught dead at the ten year reunion. It was an absolute blast and we had a wonderful time. The plentiful beer didn’t hurt either. But really, any time I get to make fire is a good time!

Most of us won’t remember a tenth year reunion, but maybe a few of us will remember our twelfth. Life is good.

(I took the liberty of posting your mugs. If any of you object please let me know.)

________________________________________

My pirate costume got quite a bit of attention a few weeks ago and last year’s Halloween costume was a crowd pleaser (jeans and a long sleeve flannel shirt with a real, large, bloody cow bone sticking out of one of the sleeves in a sling while my arm was tucked and hidden inside my shirt). So now I have a reputation to hold up and I’m on the hook for another killer Halloween outfit this year. I’m out of ideas though. So far I’m thinking of maybe donning a pair of speedos and a “bald cap” then using florescent orange body paint to cover myself completely. I’ll add to this maybe some sort of portable black light and contrasting contact lenses (bright blue?) and I’ll call myself Orange Man. Totally pointless, semi-nude, attention grabbing…. Or maybe I’ll just do something else entirely.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, that actually does sound like a fun reunion. :)

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Grant said…

    I once planned to wear a strap-on cubicle and go as Darth Bob, Sith Lord of Corporate America. Of course, I don't actually go out and do stuff, so feel free to use that one for your own.

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger anchovy said…

    Fawn deer, it was fun! I should have cc'd you on the invite. You wouldn't have been the only one who didn't know anyone there. Let me tell you, it's pretty embarrassing to have to tell someone who remembers you that you don't remember them!

    Grant, that's awesome! Here's one that impressed me last year: a guy strapped on a bunch of black PCV pipes, cables and pulleys to his back and came as a Bowflex machine. He'd impress the ladies by reaching back and pulling on a couple handles that actually did flex a couple of the pipes. Very convincing indeed.

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger anchovy said…

    Um, and I was mostly kidding about my costume idea. Mostly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home