Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

October 06, 2005

Everything I See

I spent all day at the beach yesterday. I read, I played in the surf, I got hit on by a gay guy. I asked him if he had a sister about my age.

The beach was near San Diego so I drove by the San Onofre nuclear plant on my way down. The freeway passes pretty close and there is a clear, unobstructed view of the concrete reactor container domes. Well, I mention San Onofre because I chuckled out loud at remembering a scene from The Naked Gun: Frank’s riding shotgun in a car complaining to Drebin that he can’t get his ex out of his mind; everything he sees reminds him of her. As he’s speaking these lines, the camera is catching a view of the domes through the front windshield that looks something like this:

Ok, the truth is, I remember that cheesy scene every time I drive by San Onofre! In light of recent happenings, though, I chuckled just a little louder.

The Siren coaxed me out to sea, but threw me back. Aparently there are plenty of anchovies in the sea. *sigh*

Update 2/4/07: This one was kinda funny and not terribly self-pittying. It stays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home