Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

October 02, 2005

Fickle Sleep

I have sleep issues, I always have had them. Some nights I can't sleep at all, especially when I'm stressed about something or sad or worried. I was a little of all those things when I found myself staring at a clock that read 4:55am. I had to drive my dad to work at 6:30 and there was no point trying to fall asleep now. So I decided to go get myself some breakfast. I made one of my rare forays into Yahoo Chat. I found myself something like a Romance/Regional/Los Angeles chat room and randomly announced "join me for breakfast, Norms in Downey." No takers. I wasn't expecting any and I wouldn't have followed up anyway. I was just wasting a little more time. Nobody wanted a free steak and eggs breakfast. Fine. Time to go anyway.

Go where? The only places open at that time were Norms or Dennys. I chose the latter and had me a huge chicken fried steak breakfast. Now, I often like to go grab a bite by myself—I usually bring a book or my laptop or a newspaper. I like to get away for a bit, usually lingering a while. This time, though...sigh...the last time I was at Dennys this early in the morning I wasn't alone... I quickly finished, placed a few bills on the counter and left. Half way to my car, when the waiter came running after me because I accidentally hadn't left behind enough money to cover the check, I realized my mind had been elsewhere. Update 2/4/07: I had to get rid of some stuff here, but the rest stays because I like the mood it captures.

(↓ click on it, several times, quickly ↓)





_________________________________________

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home