Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

April 09, 2006

Sloppy wet kisses

I've sometimes thought I wasn't very good with kids.

...but I've always known I wasn't the best judge of my own strengths and weaknesses. One of the sisters at church had a party and get-together at her place today. It was good. I had some great conversation, met some nice folks and fended off two of the cutest little girls you'll ever see. I had to fend them off because they were stuck to me like bubble gum all night! Climbing and wrestling and counting toes--I had her convinced she had seven on each foot!--and just goofing around the way little kids do. And at the end of the night they each came up with a spontaneous sloppy wet kiss and hug. (Similar experience at the end of this post.)

My gosh, those little girls melted my heart. I can't begin to tell you how blessed I felt today. Thank God.

Now, if I could only just figure out exactly where kids come from.... (!)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger mal said…

    the OH made the comment (and I agree) "our daughters are turning into really neat people, but there are days I miss the 2 little girls that used to live here"

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger anchovy said…

    I feel that way even about my younger sisters. Isn't it awesome, though, to see kids grow up and become real, full-fledged people? (you know what I mean!)

    I used to stare at my kid sister when she was a baby and wonder what she'd look like when she grew up, what she would be like. Now one of them is fully grown up and the other one is a year shy of starting high school. Those questions are pretty well answered by now.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger anchovy said…

    I'm happy for you and "da kids," by the way. The pride comes shining through on your posts. It's encouraging for us folks who aspire to parenthood someday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home