Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

March 24, 2006

Beach day

Today was a beach day. Yay beach! A trip to the beach's not complete, though, unless you go in the water. It was absolutely freezing, but I got the whole of me wet. Someone pat me on the back please!

I got a few shells for the kid sister, including a sand dollar, I got a nice and toasty tan, and I finished about 100 pages of a Dennis Lehane (author of Mystic River--excellent) book I said I wasn't going to touch until after July. Good stuff.

I'll be posting scanned images of the skin that peels off over the next week. No. I really won't. Promise.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Blogger mal said…

    the water may be cold, but this is the best time of year for diving. Unless it has rained, the visibilty can be over 50 Ft along the coast

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger anchovy said…

    I do have a SCUBA tank, but I can't swim. Maybe someday. A friend of mine used to tell me stories about colecting lobsters and other goodies. I was so jealous!

    The waters are so full of stirred up sand and sediment I'm surprised you get any visibility more than a handful of feet (hee hee, play on words!). Maybe once you get past the breakers. I've noticed the water seems to get clearer and bluer the further south you go. I was near San Diego yesterday at a spot where you sometimes see dolphin playing in the waves. Kinda neat.

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger mal said…

    A native southern calfornian that can't swim? OH MY....... *G*

    out past the surf line the water clears up quickly. In the waters around the channel Islands 50+ foot visibility is not uncommon. It really is spectacular. Pictures can never do the experience justice

    I used to love surfing and diving off San Onofre. When Nixon set up shop there though it made it very hard to do either.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger anchovy said…

    Ya, ya, I've told you the story about how I took a class at MIT and still couldn't learn to swim! I meant to ask you about your own diving experiences. I'm glad you read my mind and answered my un-asked question! I really will have to do that someday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home