Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

December 06, 2005

Patriotic Pangs

I'm an American through and through and I love my country passionately. How do I know? I've been going to the gym, I'm as fit as me genes will allow, it's 1am in the morning and in spite of it all I would kill for a Big Mac right now!

Saturday night I accompanied my friend to her company's Christmas party. We got all dressed up and we had a great time. As a joke I bought a small bottle of gin which I threatened to bring along in case it got boring! Good thing I left in the car because my friend conspired to get me in line for a full body frisk, courtesy of the security guards hired for the prom that happened to be taking place at the same venue on the same night! She convinced them I was a chaperone and I was not a little surprised when a big bald-headed scary looking guy got a little too familiar with my *ahem* better half. She told them we were there for the prom and I couldn't very well contradict her, could I? It was just a wee bit embarrassing! I got back at her, though, by joking around with her boss. Touché!

(I need to get a hold of the pictures she took of us so I can put them up here.)

And speaking of McD's, and pardon the language, this excerpt from some dude's blog struck me as funny:

Everywhere you could turn in the store there was big ass pictures of cut up apples and it seemed like most of the various food packaging they gave me contained advertisements for this shit. Which bothered me because I don't want to be sitting there eating my motherfucking Big Mac and fries and have to look up and see some healthy shit any more so than some teh ghey person wants to go to wherever they eat (the California Pizza Kitchen?) and see people eating manly shit like hamburgers.
(http://www.byroncrawford.com/2005/06/healthy_shit_at.html)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home