Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

November 01, 2005

Itchy Compulsion

Gosh I wish gasoline wasn't so expensive. I'm feeling the itchy compulsion to drive somewhere--anywhere far. If money were no object and I didn't have to be back here by 6am I think I would drive out to the desert somewhere. I would go visit Xxyzx Road near Bakersfield, CA, home of the Tallest Thermometer where I almost landed my Cesna 172 at the wrong airport. I would take my picture next to the road sign, buy a bag of McDonalds cheeseburgers, park off to the side of some nameless dirt road and commune with the stars, the night, myself, my cheeseburgers...and God. That's what I would do.

But it's getting late and it's time for me to sleep instead. (For the poetically challenged, that was intended ironically, i.e. that it's getting late is, perhaps, more the reason to sleep no longer.)

2 Comments:

  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger mal said…

    *L* that thermometer is in BAKER off I 15,,not Bakersfield

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger anchovy said…

    In Baker you say? No wonder I almost landed at the wrong airport!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home