Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

August 05, 2005

Osama and stuff


Today I got two calls from two head hunters. One's looking to fill document review positions. These are temporary contract positions that involves tedious and not terribly lawyerly work. Pay's typically about $25/hour. It's ok, but not great.

The other guy wants to market me to a firm that actually does IP work. The firm apparently has a position for what sounds like a third-year intern, but may consider someone in my position. Sounds good, except I'll have to provide them copies of my transcripts. They're not as impressive as they ought to be.

In other news, I'm considering ghost writing a chapter in the life of someone I know. I'm not sure if the contract will come through. Interesting project, though.

Oh, the Osama stuff. Ya, check out the pic above. This is a scan of a lollipop wrapper I found in the parking lot of a New Jersey subway station shortly after 9/11. It's Mexican candy. An American company wouldn't have the guts--or the tremendously bad taste--to make this.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger mal said…

    some times bad taste is "good" *L*

    transcripts are not everything...in a lot of firms (the smart ones) hustle is worth a LOT more. Finding someone who likes to litigate is REALLY hard. Price is a function of paucity

    hope you are keeping up your meditation as you wait for the results

     

Post a Comment

<< Home