Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

July 25, 2005

Wheels in Motion

I had a dream Saturday night that the brakes on my car didn't work correctly. To stop at all I would have to apply the brakes a long distance away from an intersection, for example, and I would have to step hard on them. And then, though the car would be moving pretty slowly when it arrived at the intersection, it simply would not stop altogether. Instead, I would have to cross my fingers and just take a leap of faith that no cars were coming through the intersection.

Translation: I'm putting wheels in motion. Those wheels are taking me places. There are risks. Risks I've been aware of and thought about for a long time. I'm taking a leap of faith. It may not work. Or I may be rounding a corner. Maybe starting on an orthogonally distinct path than the one I was heading on.


Update 2/7/07: Wow, was I wrong. That is, I took a wrong turn, got in a wreck, paid for it and now I'm back on the straight and narrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home