Life in an aquarium.

Day-to-day goings-on.

November 10, 2006

Hey mister, could you stake a fellow American to a meal?

“Hey mister, could you stake a fellow American to a meal?” This is Bogart’s line as he plays the expatriate bum Fred C. Dobbs "Dobbsie" in Treasure of the Sierra Madre. He inadvertently hits up the same guy a few times because he never looks at the guy’s face; he merely recognizes the fine clothes for what they are—his next meal ticket....


You know, on a second reading, this post didn't sound too good so I deleted it. I thought it was pretty witty, but there were just too many ways to misunderstand it.

____________________________________


On another topic altogether, I got two calls this morning that just made me laugh. One was from a friend asking when she could come by and drop off the jar of kimchi. The other was from a friend asking me what adhesive would be best to glue two pieces of sterling silver together. I laughed because these non sequitur calls are par for the course in my humble little life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home